We are a mixed-billing practice. Our fee policy ensures that the out of pocket expense is similar regardless of the consultation time.
From 1st November 2019 the below billing policy applies to all new patients.
All patient who joined our practice prior to 1 November 2019 will continue to be bulk-billed.
|Standard Consultation (10 minutes)||$70.00||$38.75||$31.25|
|Long Consult (20-40 minutes)||$105.00||$75.05||$29.95|
|Prolonged Consult (>40minutes)||$140.00||$110.50||$29.50|
We bulk bill the following*:
- Children of 15 years of age or under
- Pension and health care card holders
- DVA Gold Card holders
- DVA White Card for conditions only
*Please note bulk billing does not apply to the above for certain procedures such as iron infusion, wedge re-section and some skin procedures involving complexity. You will be advised of this prior to the procedure.
We have agreements with a number of OSHC providers including AHM, BUPA, NIB, Allianz and Medibank which means students only have to pay $15-$21 depending on the insurance provider.
We have agreements with BUPA (OVC Cards) and NIB (IMAN cards) for working visa to charge the rebate amount directly to the insurance provider, which means the patients only need to pay the gap amount of about $38-$41.
We understand that time is a valuable asset, therefore, we try our best to stay on time. However, sometimes, due to emergencies, this is not possible. Our reception staff will do their best to inform you should a doctor be running late. In return we ask that you help us stay on time by understanding the difference between a standard consultation and a long consultation.
What is a standard consultation?
- Urine infection
- Morning after pill
- Breast check
- Skin infections
- Upper respiratory tract infections
- Asthma exacerbation
- Blood pressure check
- Ear infection
- Sore eyes or ears
- Minor injuries or infection
- Sports injury
- Ear syringing
What is a long consultation?
- Pregnancy visit
- Menopause counselling
- Asthma review with breathing tests
- Travel advice
- Mental health care plan
- Cervical screening and breast check
- STI check
- Baby check at 6 weeks old - separate appointment for mum
- Appointment for multiple minor problems
- Medicals (these must be pre-booked)
- Full skin check
- First presentation and investigations of headaches / tiredness / abdominal pain / back pain / chest pain / dizziness / abnormal vaginal bleeding / low abdominal pains