We are a mixed-billing practice. Our fee policy ensures that the out of pocket expense is similar regardless of the consultation time.
Please note our fee policy has been updated as of 1st July 2021.
|Standard Consultation (10 minutes)||$70.00||$39.10||$30.90|
|Long Consult (20-40 minutes)||$107.00||$75.75||$31.25|
|Prolonged Consult (>40minutes)||$143.00||$111.50||$31.50|
We bulk bill the following*:
- Children of 15 years of age or under with a valid Medicare card
- Pensioner/Concession card holders over 65 years
- Healthcare card holders who had their first consult at the practice prior to 31st June 2021
- DVA Gold and White card holders
- Students 25 years of age or under with a valid Student ID and Medicare card
*Please note bulk billing does not apply to the above for certain procedures such as iron infusion, wedge re-section and some skin procedures involving complexity. You will be advised of this prior to the procedure.
We offer discount fees to the following:
- Healthcare card holders who joined the practice after 31st July 2021
- Pension/Concession card holders under 65 years of age
- Overseas Working Visa card holders
- Students over 25 years of age with a valid Student ID and Medicare card
Cancellations/Failure to Attend
We do require a minimum of 2 hours' notice prior to your appointment to cancel the appointment, otherwise a fee of $50.00 applies for "did not attend" or late cancellations. An appointment is also marked as "did not attend" if you are more than 5 minutes late to your appointment time. A minimum of 2 hours' notice allows us to offer that appointment to someone else who is on our waiting list or needs to see a doctor on the day.
From 1st June 2021, phone consultations will be charged as per the practice policy. In other words, phone appointments will be on the same billing schedule as your face to face appointments.
We require a pre-authorisation of your credit card while booking a phone consult online, or we can take a deposit of $70.00 over the phone. Our staff will process the Medicare rebate after your consultation.
As per the latest Medicare rules, patients who have not been in the clinic in the last 12 months are not eligible for any Medicare rebate.
We have agreements with a number of OSHC providers including AHM, BUPA, NIB, Allianz and Medibank which means students only have to pay $15-$21 depending on the insurance provider.
We have agreements with BUPA (OVC Cards) and NIB (IMAN cards) for working visa to charge the rebate amount directly to the insurance provider, which means the patients only need to pay the gap amount of about $38-$41.
We understand that time is a valuable asset, therefore, we try our best to stay on time. However, sometimes, due to emergencies, this is not possible. Our reception staff will do their best to inform you should a doctor be running late. In return we ask that you help us stay on time by understanding the difference between a standard consultation and a long consultation.
What is a standard consultation?
- Urine infection
- Morning after pill
- Breast check
- Skin infections
- Upper respiratory tract infections
- Asthma exacerbation
- Blood pressure check
- Ear infection
- Sore eyes or ears
- Minor injuries or infection
- Sports injury
- Ear syringing
What is a long consultation?
- Pregnancy visit
- Menopause counselling
- Asthma review with breathing tests
- Travel advice
- Mental health care plan
- Cervical screening and breast check
- STI check
- Baby check at 6 weeks old - separate appointment for mum
- Appointment for multiple minor problems
- Medicals (these must be pre-booked)
- Full skin check
- First presentation and investigations of headaches / tiredness / abdominal pain / back pain / chest pain / dizziness / abnormal vaginal bleeding / low abdominal pains